Here at The Clever Site, we encourage you to live your dream, love your life, and leave your legacy. When it comes to starting your business, you might find the hardest part is taking action. While working for yourself can be exciting and liberating, let’s face it – being your own boss is scary.
So, if you’re looking for advice, you’ve come to the right place! There are so many tips and tricks for starting a new business out there and find what works for you can get confusing. We’re here to help. By identifying your options, taking action, and choosing your actions, you’ll be your own best boss in no time. Ask yourself the following questions, and stay clever!
What is it that you want? What would be your ideal outcome?
Take a moment to get very clear in your mind (or on paper!) what being unstuck would look like before continuing.
So now you know what you want, answer these questions:
- What specifically have you done so far? What worked and what didn’t?
- What do you have already (eg. skills and resources) that could move you forwards?
- What research could you do to help you find the first (or next) step?
- What do you need to do before you do anything else?
- Who else could you ask for help in achieving your goal?
- If you were at your best, what would you do right now?
- What would you do if you were an expert in (the area of your goal/problem)?
- What would (someone who inspires you) do in your situation?
- If you had a choice what would you do?
- What if you had as much time as you needed?
- What if money were not an issue?
- Imagine you’re fully confident in your abilities, what could you do?
- Imagine you’re fully confident that others will support you. Now what could you do?
- What other angles and options have you not thought of yet?
- What is an impossible option?
- What is the decision you have been avoiding?
- If you (secretly) knew the answer to getting unstuck, what would that be?
Look at the list of ideas and options you now have:
- What would be the smallest or easiest first step for you?
- Which options or actions grab you?
- How could you make the tasks/actions more enjoyable or fun?
- Who else could help you in completing your action/s?
- What’s one action you could take in the next 10 minutes?
- What are three actions you could take that would make sense this week?
- Let’s imagine you have found a magic lamp. You pick it up and absent-mindedly begin to stroke it. What’s that? I think it’s talking! Now, as you listen, I wonder what action it tells you to take?
Do something! Choose your actions:
- When specifically will you do your action/s? Include the day AND time.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how likely are you to complete each action?
– If it’s below an 8, then ask what is stopping you from completing the action – and make this your first action.
- How do you normally sabotage yourself – and what will you do differently this time?
- How will I know you’ve completed your action/s?
- Who will you tell about your actions (to support you in completing them)?
- What specifically will you ask your supporters to do for you?
- Tell me how you’ll feel once you have completed your actions?
- How will you reward yourself when you complete your actions?
Hopefully this helps you pave your own road to success! Anyone can get stuck, whether you’re a seasoned professional or just starting out. Comment below with any questions, and remember to #BeClever!