Hello and welcome to my blog!
I’m Dr. Tanisha, owner of The Clever Site, a web design agency that helps small business owners grow their business through strategy consulting and digital design. We build more than just beautiful websites, we build better businesses
Thank you for taking the time to visit my Blog! I’ll be sharing tips and resources that will help you grow and manage your business online.
But first, a little about me.
I live in Houston, Texas with my three beautiful children. I love God, love learning, and am passionate about sharing my knowledge with others. In addition, I have a Doctorate degree in Business Administration and in addition to raising my family and running my business, I’m a professor at a local community college here in Texas. I love my life, but I won’t bore you with my bio. If you’re interested, you can read it over on my website.
The purpose of my blog is to educate, equip and empower small business owners to build better businesses and live a more balanced life. My goal to deliver consistent content that will:
- Educate small business owners about the best practices as it relates to all things business.
- Equip you with the resources, tools, and technology to help you streamline and automate processes (that won’t break the budget), so that you can save time by eliminating redundant asks and spend more time doing the things you love.
- Empower you to live your best life! I know entrepreneurship can be a tough, lonely journey, and we all need a little encouragement from time to time. I will share tools and techniques I use to stay motivated. Hopefully, you’ll join in on the conversations and we’ll build a community where we can encourage and empower one another.
I can remember as a new business owner, spending countless hours and thousands of dollars attending webinars and conferences trying to find the best solutions for the challenges I faced trying to grow my business.
I spent many late nights searching Google and YouTube looking for answers, not to mention, the years I spent studying and researching the best practices of successful small business owners for my dissertation. Although those hours and dollars were well spent, it definitely took away from the time and resources I had left to grow my business.
Once I was able to actually start implementing what I’d learned, I was able to start reaping the benefits. So, on this blog, I’ll be sharing what I’ve learned in blog format, checklists, toolkits, and valuable information in easy to digest portions to hopefully save you time and money while empowering you take your business to the next level!
I have several topics I plan on blogging about, here’s just a few: (subject to change, I’m really still brainstorming blog topics ☺)
- 26 Best Practices of Small Business Owners in Government Contracting (based on my research of 15 successful Certified MWBEs in Houston, Texas).
- A Project Management Model for Small Business Owners (developed out of my doctoral study)
- 10 Essential Resources to Automate Tasks and Do Less Busy Work
- How to Manage and Grow Your Business Online with Free & Low-Cost Tools!
- Setting Smart Business Goals
- My Favorite Business Books
Let me know if any of these sound interesting to you. Is there a particular area of business that you’d like for me to write about? Leave a note in the comments below. I’m not an expert on everything, but I’m an excellent researcher and what I don’t know, I’ll do my best to get an answer for you.
I hope you’ll stick around for the journey.
If you’d like to sign-up for our monthly newsletter so you don’t miss out on the tips to help grow your business, click here.
You can also follow me on my social platforms below.